These procedures are to be followed when false or misleading information, provided in support of an application, comes to light after enrolment:
- The relevant Admissions Office administrator shall write to the student outlining the discrepancy and requesting the student to submit a written explanation on why false or misleading information has been provided.
- On receipt of the response, the Admissions Officer shall in the first instance, refer the case to the Head of Admissions or his/her nominee to consider the evidence. If a valid explanation is received, the case shall be closed.
- If an invalid or an inadequate explanation is received, the views of the relevant College officer, as nominated by Head of College, shall be sought.
- If it is decided that there is a case to answer, the case shall be referred to be dealt with by a member of the Academic Registry in accordance with the University’s Disciplinary Procedures.
- Students may request a final review of the outcome of the disciplinary case in accordance with the University’s Final Review procedures.