Support designed for Student Carers studying at Swansea University
Being a Carer
Swansea University provides support and guidance to student carers via the Student Carers Support Package.
This package is available to any student who has unpaid caring responsibilities for a family member or friend who due to illness, disability, a mental health problem or an addiction cannot cope without their support.
Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. Either the server is overloaded or there is an error in the application.
The Student Carers Support Package includes:
- A named contact
- Help with planning and arranging accommodation for both term and vacation time (if required)
- Financial assistance to attend Open Days/interviews
- Student Carers can apply for a bursary of up to £500 Full Time or £250 Part Time (pro-rata) to help them with travel or equipment costs. The number of bursaries for 2017-2018 will be capped at 30.
- Access to a range of other support services from disability services to mental health support and Counselling
- Library and Careers Support via a Library plus named contact and additional opportunities via GoWales
- Car parking access (subject to availability)
To receive the support available you will need to meet the eligibility criteria and supply documentation each academic year to show that you continue to have caring responsibilities.
The Student Carers Support Package is administered by the Welfare@CampusLife team.
For more information please visit the Student Carers Support Package webpage, or contact Welfare@CampusLife directly at email@example.com or call 01792 602000.