Swansea University offers additional support for estranged students.  We have a support package which we hope will help you to settle in, focus on your studies and graduate successfully. 


How do I qualify?

To qualify for the support package, you need to:

  • Be aged 25 or under when you start the course
  • Provide evidence of your ongoing estrangement i.e. a letter from your previous school or college, healthcare professional or other professional who is able to confirm your estrangement.
  • 500 Internal Server Error

    Internal Server Error

    The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. Either the server is overloaded or there is an error in the application.

Having worked with estranged students for many years we are aware that compiling evidence of this nature is problematic for some students. Therefore, we look at each student on a case by case basis.

If you meet the eligibility criteria, you can benefit from all of the support arrangements offered by Swansea University at any time.  If and when you do come to study at Swansea University you remain entitled to the support until the completion of your course.


How do I access the package?
You’ll need to self-declare that you are an estranged student in order to access the package.  You can do this by getting in touch with the office.

Once we are aware of your estrangement, one of our team will be in contact with you directly before you start at university to discuss your circumstances and outline the support package.

We respect your confidentiality. The Money@CampusLife office are the only department that will contact you regarding your care background. This information will not be shared outside of the office unless you provide us with consent to do so.

If you would like to get in touch with us please call 01792 606699 or email money.campuslife@swansea.ac.uk