500 Internal Server Error
Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. Either the server is overloaded or there is an error in the application.
In the second year, you will learn through guided seminars and group-work exercises. Assessment will be varied and include coursework, essays, group presentations and examinations.
In the final year, in addition to your taught language classes and optional pathway modules, you will also have the opportunity to research a dissertation on the topic of your choice: currently, our staff are supporting students’ dissertations on topics as diverse as the art of subtitling Monty Python’s The Holy Grail, the popularity of veganism in Germany, and the link between Barcelona FC and Catalan identity.
Our learning and teaching enhances your key skills that employers look for in graduates as follows:
- Self-Management (attending classes, meeting deadlines, preparing for seminars, dissertation)
- Teamwork (group presentations, group seminars, study trips and projects)
- Customer awareness (study abroad, internships, work placements, student experience)
- Problem solving (essay writing, research, examinations)
- Communication and literacy (essays, examinations, presentations, project work, dissertation)
- Numeracy skills (data analysis, statistics, graphs, datasets)
- Information technology (Blackboard, essays, examinations, presentations, social media)
This course offers some modules taught through the medium of
Welsh or bilingually for students who consider themselves to be
fluent Welsh speakers. For more details on the provision available
see the Welsh Provision expander below.